1.0 OUR CORE BELIEFS REGARDING USER PRIVACY AND DATA PROTECTION
- We have a duty of care to the people within our data
- Data is a liability, it should only be collected and processed when absolutely necessary
- We loathe spam as much as you do!
- We will never sell, rent or otherwise distribute or make public your personal information
2.0 RELEVANT LEGISLATION
Along with our business and internal computer systems, this website is designed to comply with the following national and international legislation with regards to data protection and user privacy:
- UK Data Protection Act 1988 (DPA)
- EU Data Protection Directive 1995 (DPD)
- EU General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (GDPR)
- Australian Privacy Act 1988 (APA)
This site’s compliance with the above legislation, all of which are stringent in nature, means that this site is likely compliant with the data protection and user privacy legislation set out by many other countries and territories as well. If you are unsure about whether this site is compliant with your own country of residences’ specific data protection and user privacy legislation you should contact email@example.com for clarification.
3.0 PERSONAL INFORMATION THAT THIS WEBSITE COLLECTS AND WHY WE COLLECT IT
This website collects and uses personal information for the following reasons:
3.1 Site visitation tracking
3.2 Contact forms and email links
Should you choose to contact us using any contact forms on website or an email link like this one, none of the data that you supply will be stored by this website or passed to/be processed by any of the third party data processors defined in section 6.0. Instead the data will be collated into an email and sent to us over the Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP). Our own SMTP servers are protected by TLS (sometimes known as SSL) meaning that the email content is encrypted using SHA-2, 256-bit cryptography before being sent across the internet. The email content is then decrypted by our local computers and devices. However, not all mail servers are secured in such a way. Therefore, we would suggest that you always consider email as an insecure medium and not include personal, confidential or otherwise sensitive information within an email.
3.3 Email newsletter
4.0 ABOUT THIS WEBSITE’S SERVER
This website is hosted by Gyroscope a UK-based company. All traffic (transferral of files) between this website and your browser is encrypted and delivered over HTTPS. The Gyroscope hosting operations team is responsible for patching and resolving security vulnerabilities identified on customer sites. Their priorities include:
- Patching software vulnerabilities to exceed security standards
- Creating and maintaining documentation around malware patterns and protection efforts
- Scanning for, identifying, and cleaning up malware
- Ensuring operational security during every update, patch, and process
- Notifying customers of identified vulnerabilities and necessary updates
- Detecting outdated WordPress themes, plugins, or other services with vulnerabilities
5.0 OUR THIRD PARTY DATA PROCESSORS
We use a number of third parties to process personal data on our behalf. These third parties comply with the legislation set out in section 2.0. All of these third parties are based in the UK or USA and are GDPR and EU-US Privacy Shield compliant.
6.0 DATA BREACHES
We will report any unlawful data breach of this website’s database or the database(s) of any of our third party data processors to any and all relevant persons and authorities within 72 hours of the breach if it is apparent that personal data stored in an identifiable manner has been stolen.
7.0 DATA CONTROLLER
The data controller of this website is: Brooking & Edmonds Ltd, a UK Private limited Company with company number:7 996166 whose registered office is: 40-44 High Street, Northwood, HA6 1BN UK. Enquiries should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.